Weddings: How Do I Commission A New Piece?
This will often be an unfamiliar process but our friendly and welcoming team at Arcomis is here to help you through every step of the development of your commission. By supporting both commissioner and composer throughout the process we can ensure that you gain the most from having a new piece of music written and performed for you.
Having decided to commission a new piece of music a typical path for a project to follow might be:
- Phone, email or write to Arcomis to let us know that you might be interested in commissioning a new work.
- Talk to or meet someone from the Arcomis team to discuss ideas and options.
- With our help you will confirm which composer you'd like to write a new piece of music for you.
- Arcomis will then manage the project and will keep you updated on the progress and may even be able to arrange for you to meet the composer, should you wish.
- When completed Arcomis will arrange for a performance or recording or your new music which will then be sent to you or we will arrange for a live performance at your celebration or event.
- If there is to be a subsequent performance or recording of the work you will be invited to attend rehearsals and the recording.
- Finally you'll then be sent your signed score and a recording so that you can continue to enjoy your commission!
Each project is unique and Arcomis works with couples to provide them with an original piece of music that exactly fits their requirements and budget. We have created some sample packages that can act as a starting point for costing a project. Each project is unique however and we can work to nearly any budget!